Friday, April 25, 2008

Whew!

I saw Dr. Z today. He showed me a great Web site, actually a blog on this very service, and during the visit also went over my CT results.

"No news is good news," he said at one point. That's because the scans were fine and he said I'm looking great. That was after my three-month checkup, and I don't need another for four months.

What a relief!

He agreed that if there were a problem he'd have called, thus the "No news" comment.

But there was other news. It seems the good doctor is in the running for Man of the Year by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can go to this link and vote for Dr. Z, and by vote I mean donate to the organization to give him points toward the nomination. http://www.active.com/donate/cflmwoy/mwoyDZehnge

I can point to many of his qualities, such as his depth as a doctor, his bedside manner, his good humor and, of course, the fact he helped save my life, as reasons to help him and the society out. Don't hold his affection for all products Mac against him. He also pitched a wonderful blog my way that spoofs his hero, Steve Jobs. So how bad can he be? The site is actually a blog, and it's at http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/.

Again, whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith,
It's wonderful to hear of your progress and good news!! I am so happy that your scans are clear and life is getting back to "normal" for you and your family. I have read your blog and followed your progress from beginning to present and have been wondering how you have been!! As a nurse, I marvel at your courage and strength and truly believe your attitude has been a major contributor to your success in defeating this terrible disease. As I told you before, my dad was diagnosed in Oct with esophageal CA as well, but unfortunately lost his battle on Jan 19 due to complications. Ironically enough, the surgeon who would have operated on him called the day before he died to tell us that all of his scans were clear after the chemo and radiation. But, the circle of life continues on as my son was born on Feb 23. He kinda looks like dad and I know he sees him:) I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and know you will continue to thrive. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, but happy for your new family!!

Sincerely,
Kendra

Keith W. Kohn said...

Kendra,

I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss. I know you cared so much about your father and had very high hopes. I know exactly what you're going through.

But, on the happier side, mazel tov -- congratulations -- on the birth of your son. I'm sure you will tell him all about your father and that your father's influence on you will show up in him.

Thanks for all of your inspiration during my ordeal, and I hope you keep in touch in the future. My email is newsy01@earthlink.net.

You'll be in my thoughts as well.

Keith