Thursday, May 22, 2008

Checking In With The Doc

I'm going to see Dr. Sigfredo Aldarondo (pictured at right, from the Florida Hospital Web site), the ace pulmonologist, for a checkup scheduled months ago.

Dr. Aldarondo first treated me while I was in the step-down unit at Florida Hospital. He was very comforting and assured me that my breathing difficulties post-surgery would wane. He was not wrong.

But it's a good thing we made the appointment soon after I left the hospital because off all my post-surgical issues -- other than the pain -- my biggest problem has been breathing, or, more precisely, coughing.

Dr. Z and Dr. Pfeiffer concur in their opinions that my persistent coughing was caused by the radiation treatments that saved my life.

It will be good to hear what Dr. Aldarondo sees as the proble, and whether it should be treated in any way.

I'll be back with an update this afternoon, after my visit with Dr. Aldarondo.

No comments: