Monday, July 28, 2008

14,017

I am flattered and honored that there have been more than 14,000 visits to my blogs since I launched CancerVivor.blogspot.com in October 2007.

Since then, I also created kohnzone.blogspot.com after discovering a piece of my family I never knew existed.

Throughout, I have tried to warn anyone who would listen about the dangers of ordinary heartburn and acid reflux. Most recently, I logged into Facebook and soon was chatting with a friend from high school whose longterm domestic partner has been having acid reflux for years. She and her partner live offshore, so he hasn't been receiving the type of care we expect here. I implored her to force him to see a doctor and I hope she's read through this blog and forced him to read it too.

That's because heartburn can cause cancer, which can cause death. It's that simple.

So if you or someone you care about has longtime heartburn, reflux or the like, please, please have that person see a gastroenterologist. Soon.

Time is important because this is a dangerous cancer and you don't want it to spread. That's what could make it fatal.

Please keep reading and I'll keep writing. And I hope that helps save a few lives in the process.

No comments: