Friday, August 22, 2008

My visit with Dr. Z

I had an appointment with Dr. Z today, four months past the last stop in August.

He kind of explained my sudden weight gain, and it's pretty much what I thought. Since the endoscopy three weeks ago (has it been that long?) I've actually been digesting my food better, thus taking in more calories and nutrition.

Who'd have thunk it?

I told him I am feeling good, lifting weights despite some post-op pain, and eating more, though I still cough in the mornings. He seemed to agree with me that it's probably still residual from either the surgery or rads. I haven't been experiencing reflux so it's unlikely to be anything from my stomach making its way to my lungs.

He said I'm looking good and he seemed pleased with my progress, overall.

After business, we talked pleasure. As in his new iPhone G3. I was going to ask, but he gladly showed it off before I had a chance. He loves it, as I thought he would.

(By the way, the photo is an old one with his original iPhone. But he was just as happy today.)

I also reiterated that I would be happy to continue chatting with other patients as needed, to offer encouragement and whatever insights I can pass along. He said I'm already on his list.

I'll see him again in December, which will be nearly a year post-op.

No comments: