Follow by Email

Monday, August 31, 2009

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. TIck. Tick.

I heard more from Dr. Lee Zehngebot the other day, who explained more about what he and, apparently, several other doctors have not found.

Dr. Z said they haven't figured quite what is going on with my body, and all agree the best course of action for now is to wait. For three months. Then scan my body again.

"Nobody thinks we should do anything now," Dr. Z told me.

He was referring to himself; my gastroenterologist, Dr. Philip Styne; two initial radiologists; an interventional radiologist; and Dr. Styne's partner at the Center for Digestive Health in Orlando, Dr. William Mayoral.

They'd all gone over my CT scan and PET scan from earlier in August and come to the same conclusion: There's something in there and they're not quite sure what it is.

"Nothing we could do would help right now," Dr. Z told me, and, in fact, doing some things "could make the site worse."

So for now there'll be no endoscopic ultrasound, as Dr. Z had initially proposed, and the CT and PET scans will have to be sometime in mid- to late-November.

There might be an up-side to all this: for now ignorance is bliss -- if there is bad news I don't have to deal with it right now.

No comments: