Follow by Email

Sunday, February 17, 2008

First week went well

It's hard to believe my first week back at work is over. It seemed to go that well.

Of course there were a couple of computer glitches but nothing major. After all, we do have a new software system for me to learn and become familiar with.

The welcome I received was amazing. I was deeply touched by the applause when I walked into the newsroom. And thankful that there was no party; I truly hate being the center of attention.

But the next day, my relief was set aside when my friends did, indeed, throw a party to mark my return. The cakes were great, the people moreso. It was wonderful to see everyone, especially everyone with smiles on their faces; in my absence, it seems, changes at the company left little reason at times to for smiles. So the party did serve a greater purpose.

And I will say that the party also helped me...I think I gained more than a pound from that morning to the next.

And each day since I've been able to eat a bit more food. This means that I'm beginning feel my life becoming more and more normal. It's a good feeling.

Today, Saturday, I even went to Publix to grab sushi for Ann and I. Back to normal.

Gotta like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've read this site,but it's great to see you back at work. Good Luck!!

jamie said...

Everything OK? We haven't heard from you in a few weeks...