Thursday, October 23, 2008

Botox does the trick

It looks like Dr. Philip Styne hit a home run today.

Doc Styne scoped me, found a clean digestive tract and injected Botox into my pylorus, the valve that regulates the flow of food from the stomach to the small intestines.

I uploaded some photos from my phone to the blog earlier, but they didn't seem to land properly, so I'm attaching them to this post, plus

a view of said digestive tract as the good doctor saw it earlier.

But the results seem evident. I can eat, and the food seems to be traveling as it should. Depending on how long the Botox lasts, I might

need another injection in a few months, possibly more. If it lasts just a short period, the docs might huddle to find a different option, possibly a surgery called something like pyloroplasty. This

would surgically alter the pyloric valve so it would allow foods to move on down the road.
But for now, that doesn't seem to be in the picture.

No comments: