Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays swoosh by, like meeting with Dr. Styne

I failed to mention the other day that on Monday I had an appointment with Dr. Philip Styne to discuss some digestive issues.

For the past couple of weeks, I've had a bloated feeling and I think either the stricture in my esophagus (what's left of it, that is) -- previously dilated with a balloon-like tool during an endoscopy -- or the pyloric valve -- forced to remain open with the use of Botox -- might need another treatment.

So in the coming weeks I will have another endoscopy at Florida Hospital to fix either or both of those problems. Before that, however, I have an appointment with cardiologist James A. Miner this coming Wednesday to clear me for the procedure and related anesthesia.

It's sort of a downer because after both of those treatments I seemed to feel nearly normal. I mean, I still can't eat as much as, say, two years ago (Do I want to eat that much any longer? No!) but I was feeling quite normal. Now I'm more cautious and also feeling more full -- even when I wake up in the morning.

I'm sure Dr. Styne will get that all under control. He's the best of the best.

No comments: