Follow by Email

Friday, January 4, 2008

Awaiting the results

It's been a few days and I'm getting quite frustrated but results remain elusive of my several X-rays and the swallow study from yesterday.

Though sources in the X-ray department told me yesterday that the study showed the barium swallow went as one would hope, down past my stomach to areas that looked a little odd on the screen.

So plans today include a hoped-for visit from Dr. Boyer and an accompanying OK to consume food.

But if that does not happen, my plan is to have food nonetheless. I know, ever the rebel. But what can I say, three days waiting for a verdict that doesn't come, in my mind, means I should make decisions about my food intake on my own. I can't see justification for anything less.

Oh, forgot to mention that sometime yesterday the 8,000th view of this site was pulled up by someone. This morning, there's almost 8,100 views. I hope the word is spreading about the blog, but mostly about the message in the blog, which is to get help if you have severe heartburn or difficulties swallowing. It can save your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not eat until the doctor gives you clearance..eating may keep you in the hospital longer..just a word of advice from the new RN!!!