Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend off filled with good news

Whew! Spent a busy weekend mostly away from home. Friday and Saturday, Catherine and myself (well, mostly her) packed up the last of Mom's stuff from her South Florida apartment and moved it up to Orlando.

But not before a call Friday afternoon from Dr. Z with good news. The biopsy results were negative -- I don't have cancer in my liver. That was the best news I've heard in, oh, two or three months.

That was during the drive south. It was a better drive than if I didn't receive the news until this morning.

But there was one caveat. A lymph node near my left lung also "lit up" during the PET scan. Dr. Z said that with the liver scare behind, we should work on this before surgery. So today I meet Dr. William Mayoral (at left from the Center for Digestive Heath's Web site) at 3 p.m. to discuss possibly obliterating the node with ultrasound, Dr. Mayoral's specialty.

So after a day and a half of moving Mom's things,
we took Sunday of and went to my favorite Central Florida theme park, Busch Gardens. Didn't ride any of the big coasters, but we did go on Rhino Rally and Cheetah Chase.

Today, Monday, is back to normal. I see the doc and then perhaps we can get going on the surgery before the new year. Would be nice to be home for New Year. We'll see.

No comments: