Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Good Morning Winter Park

Damn, the nurses here are good.

Wish the food was their equal. Imagine, if you will, a box of new Nike sneakers. Now toss the sneakers. No shoe-sole jokes here. But take the shoebox because it is essential to this conversation. Now, imagine running that cardboard box through a shredder. Make sure it's very fine.

With me so far?

OK, now add hot water, a bit of sugar, salt, milk. That was my breakfast, though they forged the name Cream of Wheat on the order slip. Still, after a night of Jell-O and coffee, I ate it. Every drop.

It's about 8 a.m. and my day today will consist of discharge, home, then to Doctor Diamond's Altamonte office for my radiation "sim." I'm thinking those tattoo dots will become a piece of body art after this is all over.

Thinking ahead, for sure.

Oh, Catherine began her own blog this morning. It's at CancerVivorspouse.blogspot.com. It starts out so well I'm wondering how she can keep up the content level. But I know she can. She's a wonderful writer and editor. Makes me look like a dolt. No comments about that, please.

Well, check it out and check back, as I'm sure there'll be a lot of fun updates today.

No comments: