Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hair growth slows down


For a while I'd been shaving my head when I shaved my face, but now I'm shaving neither (see photo at right). I guess the chemo really is kicking in.

Not that that's a bad thing.

The past day or so I've been doing a lot of sleeping and helping Catherine get better. It seems to be working. She can actually speak now, which she couldn't for a couple of days. (I know, a great opportunity for jokes about keeping the wife quiet and all, but I'll pass.)

Today she and I were well enough to shop at the mall for a dress for Catherine to wear to daughter Jennifer's wedding in December. She found a nice dress and it will be great for her to wear to the wedding.

Meanwhile, daughter Aimee and boyfriend Luis visited Mom today in South Florida. They said she's looking good and was pretty wide-eyed and aware of all that's been going on around her. Which is good news. If she can stay off the vent when they remove it -- possibly Monday -- then she likely will be able to go to rehab and escape in time for the wedding. But I don't want to count my chickens, so to speak. We'll take that road one day at a time. (Was that paragraph cliche city or what?)

On Monday, I go to Dr. Z's office for a full day of chemo treatments; I can hardly wait.

But that will be the second and final such full-day infusions. Whew! Then, another 3 1/2 weeks of chemo and rads and I get to rest from this stuff. Believe me, I sure won't miss being attached to this chemo pump.

I will blog from the all-day chemo marathon, and will likely add something -- even if it's ala Seinfeld, something about nothing.

2 comments:

Tampa Gypsy said...

Isn't that supposed to be Hair Growth and I Slow Down?
Hey Keith.
I sent a few comments but I'm not sure if they showed up?

Keith W. Kohn said...

I think you are not wrong!