Saturday, October 6, 2007

T-minus 2 days, and counting with anxiety

This is my final day of work before my short-term disability kicks in. I both dread what's to follow and dread today. But it is what it is.

I'm going to bring some of my stuff home but leave some of the desk ornaments there. After all, like I keep saying, I will be back.

Today's routine will be about average, and tomorrow Catherine and I will drive to South Florida to visit Mom. Not sure when I'll be able to see her again after this gets under way.

My chemo treatments begin Monday and the daily radiation zaps start Wednesday. Doc Z says he'd be surprised if the chemo didn't send me to the hospital at some point during the treatments.

I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith, sorry I missed you last day at work. (and not just because of the free food). You and your family will be in my thoughts. I know how hard this is going to be for everyone, but I know you can handle it.

Love, Kim Hays

Keith W. Kohn said...

Kim,

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it and know you have firsthand knowledge in this realm. Thanks for the confidence. I'm sure I can handle it, too. I will let ya know in a few weeks if I still feel the same way.

kk