Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Office politics?

Prior to my radiation this morning I offered a small gift to Dr. Diamond, the right-leaning radiologist. It's a simple W surrounded by a circle with a line through it, like the one pictured below this post.

See, Dr. Diamond is the man who, when asked last week if he voted for the current president, replied ala any good voter in Flori-Duh of 2000, "Nine times."

So he accepted this little bumper sticker with a smile, a handshake and a pen for me to sign and date it. He then surprised the heck out of me. He took the bumper sticker and placed it in the frame in his office holding a photo of the good doctor and his bride shaking hands with the good president, Dubya, and his wife Laura. "It was at the White House Hanukkah Party" a few years ago, he told me.

So the man can take a joke and turn it into a gracious moment. Gotta admire that.

No comments: